Monday, April 18, 2011

Always a bridesmaid...

I'm going back and catching up on some photos I never blogged, so here we go:

I finished a really cool shawl pin earlier this month. After I did, I found myself staring at it, kind of not believing how cool it was and how neat it looked. The phrase, "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride," came to my mind because I seem to be capable of making very clever shawl pins, but not shawls.


It inspired me to start a lace shawl, which I'm currently working on at a snail's pace. I'm not very good with finicky knitting. I find that I actually seem to prefer kind of plain knitting... Garter stitch. Give me garter stitch and knitting in the round, and I'm a happy camper. It's something to keep my hands occupied without making me actually pay attention too much.

Here is my work space while I'm creating these shawl pins:


I like throwing out random old bits that I have lying around and turning them into cool stuff. I went through some of my much older stuff, and I pulled out these three polymer clay beads:


Aren't they beautimous? It's from back when I used to sand everything up to 2000 grit and buff it. Yeah, they're clay. There's no lacquer or varnish on them. That's just the result of sanding and buffing. It's so pretty, but it hurts my hands too much now. I find myself missing doing work like this. I have no idea how I'll use these beads. Maybe I should donate them to Beads of Courage or something. I just don't know.

Another short post today. I still have a sign to finish. It's taking forever. But that's really typical for me, so I'm used to it. The key is sticking to it until it's done so that annoying stuff like real life doesn't distract me too much and make me forget about it.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Your creation is Stunning!! I love it! It has a vintage look about it...I would hate to part with that piece!
    Also love those polymer clay beads...I know what you mean about sanding and buffing but boy do they shine!

    ReplyDelete