Friday, April 22, 2011

Favorite necklace ever and other not-as-cool-but-still-really-cool stuff

I've decided to try a new thing to actually get new pieces listed on my Etsy page. I'm going to alternate production and finishing/posting days. So yesterday I had a lot of fun pulling out some of my bead stuff and wire and making 8 new pieces: seven pairs of earrings and one necklace.

When I got up this morning, this is what I saw in my dining room:


I couldn't believe how beautiful I thought those flower petals from my arrangement there looked lying on the piano like that. It was just one of those random happy things that I had to thank God for. He's always arranging little moments like this that just take my breath away.

It inspired me to take all of my photos in this area of my house. Here are some of the things I made:

Here is my favorite necklace ever. Period. Even more than the huge filigree piece that took me forever forever. Even more than anything. These are my ultra treasure vintage glass beads that I have been stashing for so long that I thought I would NEVER use them.


I absolutely love the asymmetrical drape of this necklace. I think I managed to balance it all very well.


And now, some of the earrings, which are very pretty, but still not as cool as the necklace. But don't tell them I said that.



(I LOVE the way the pearl ones turned out with the extra blue pearl dangling so far below the frames and the clusters of those beads. They look so cool!)



And there we go... All of this stuff is now on my Etsy page. Now that all of my stuff is posted, I will go ahead and make more. This is the best way to do it, I think. Hopefully I'll actually get some of it sold instead of keeping it all in my super uber secret stash of pretties that only I ever get to wear.

I'm thinking that my sons are going to need to grow up (a LOT... like for at least 20 more years) and give me a bunch of granddaughters so that they can enjoy my huge jewelry stash just like I enjoyed MY grandma's huge jewelry stash when I was little. I'll let them play with all of it, too, just like she let me play with hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment