Sunday, September 9, 2012

Christmas Cards

So far I believe I've made 15 Christmas cards.  I'm well on my way to being ready for my holidays.  It's a good feeling!

I made four of this one:


I made three of this one: (I ADORE this stamp from the Merry and Type set by Stampin' Up!  The "merry" is from the Tiny Tags set.)


These are my favorite right now.  I made four of these.  I used some of the antique brads by Stampin' Up.  I really prefer the dark poinsettia brad on the right (I don't know if it's supposed to be a poinsettia, but that's what it has always looked like to me), but the beautiful gold brad on the left card works well, too.  I only had one of the poinsettia brads left.  I really love how the experiment with the black and white papers turned out.  I also made the poinsettias with the build a blossom punch, using left over pieces of the other petals to form flowers that I'll use for gift toppers.  I'll post pics of those later.

These cards, by the way, will be for local people only, or they will go inside of packages.  I won't attempt to mail cards by themselves with embellishments this large.


By the way... These are the poinsettia cards I made last year that used up all my poinsettia brads.  I do really love them, but I couldn't get over the fact that poinsettias actually have 6 petals instead of 8.  (Just like the snowflake thing... I can't STAND 8-pointed snowflakes!)  Also, instead of three cards, I was able to make four cards from the same number of punches.  (24 punches with the Build a Blossom punch uses up exactly two pieces of 8 1/2 x 11" cardstock.)

I'm excited to be getting so far ahead!  Tomorrow I'm pulling out clay for some orders.  It's good to have work.  ^_^

1 comment:

  1. How cute is this! Great idea! Thanks to Shaped by Grace for sharing this awesome post-- so happy I found ya!
    best christmas gifts. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete