Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hubby's Valentine's Day Cards 2-6

Ever ripe with ideas to torture myself beyond what is necessary, I came up with the idea to make fourteen cards for my husband for Valentine's Day--one for each day in February leading up to the big day.

So far I've done six. I need to get a move on. One of the best ways to motivate myself is to post stuff on my blog, so here goes. These are cards 2-6, since the first card was actually posted yesterday.


I did layering on this one (above). I used one stamp, stamped three times in three different colors: red, brown, and blue. I left the original stamp on one paper, then cut out only the words in the brown and mounted with 1/16" dimensional adhesive. I cut out only the "crush" from the blue and mounted that over the brown with the same dimensional adhesive. I inked all the edges... And this card is 3x6.


This one I was relatively proud of until I ran out of jewels. :( Ah, well, I still like the idea a lot! I noticed these birds on this Basic Grey paper looking like they were kissing. And I thought of love birds. Awwww.... Anyway, I wanted them set apart, so I used a circular piece of plastic canvas material to mark stitch points along one corner, then pierced and stitched the circles. I inked and chalked the rest of the paper to make the two birds at the bottom really stand out. I added jewels and the "love", which isn't very prominent because I was trying to color clear letters. *sigh* I still like the idea, even if I'm not too happy with the way it turned out.


This was the card made at a Stampin' Up! party I went to on Sunday. I changed it up a bit, but it's basically the same. I wrote on the inside, "My love for you just and grows. (Like a tree. Get it?)"


This one and the next one are the ones I'm happiest with. I cut out the Chinese word for "love" from my Cricut, but instead of sticking it on the card, I ended up using the negative to stencil the character with dark brown paint. While the paint was still wet, I dumped glitter over it. I really love the way this one turned out!


And this one is just great... I made it with those Damask stamps I picked up from the clearance at Michael's yesterday. The images were all stamped with StazOn. I then aged the paper with the Eucalyptus colored Walnut Ink by Tim Holtz. I painted the ink onto gray cardstock, then dripped water on it in various spots to distress a bit. Once everything dried, I inked the edges with the Vintage Photo Distress Ink also by Tim Holtz. I really, really love this card! And I'm getting obsessed with those walnut inks, too! This is all thanks to our card exchange hostess, Jan, who gave me a book called "Vintage Greeting Cards" by MaryJo McGraw. I went to help her learn how to work her Cricut machine for a couple of hours last week. Fun times, AND I got a book out of it!

So there it is... eight more cards to go. Yikes! What the heck is wrong with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment