Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Cards

Well, Valentine's Day is over. Part of me is thinking, "Thank GOD!" I had determined that I would make Adam one card every day from Feb. 1 through the big day and it was quite an undertaking. He enjoyed it, though, which is what counts. Here are the last 8 cards out of the 14. I think I've already posted the other ones before. I also have to say that part of me is a bit sad it's over. It was nice to "have to" sit and make stuff every single day. I got pretty fast, too, and started using layers of paper scraps and making pleasing designs in a short amount of time. I guess it's true what they say about practice making progress and all.


I put the lyrics for "You are my Lucky Star" from Singin' in the Rain in the card above. I LOVE that song!


I was sitting in the car playing with a little box of matches after I pulled into my driveway one day. (We had matches in our car from going camping.) I don't know why I have this thing with sitting and playing with things. I guess it helps me focus when I'm trying to think. And I get a lot of good ideas that way, like this one, when I decided I could use a match on one of the cards.


This one was my lazy card. But I can justify it by saying that I bought this entire set of clear stamps for this stamp. The rest of the set is cute, too, but this one made me laugh and I knew I had to use it on one of Adam's cards.


This card was a lot of fun. I have rediscovered my letter stamps. I really love this font!


I had a lot of fun with this one. I had cut a whole sheet of these flowers off of my Cricut and used the cut out sheet to stencil paint onto this card. I did a very subtle addition of butterflies which I really like. When we were dating, the first time Adam said he loved me, he did it like this: "I've got butterflies in my tummy." And I said, "Why?" And he said, "Because I'm in love with you." Yee!!!! Anyway... it might make you barf, but it still makes me squeal, and butterflies still remind me of that.


Here was a fun layered card. It's really nothing more than a very simple card design, but layering all of those cut out stamped images gives it a more complex look. This one was fun, too!


I raided my scrap folder for this and decided to go monochromatic. I played with my Krylon 18kt leafing pen on this one, too. And there are more butterflies.


And here's the last card. Again, I raided my paper scraps for this card. I really like how it turned out. And no one saw the insides of these cards because they're personal. But I can sum up what's in them pretty succinctly: I LOVE MY HUSBAND!

So there you have it. ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment