Sunday, March 6, 2011

Finishing up!

I realize how utterly boring a pictureless blog post is, but since I don't think anyone is even reading this, I'm going to just keep throwing this stuff out there because I think it is so fun to go back and see the growth of my processes.

Anyway... I have finish-it-upitis. I offered to touch people at TYF today so that they could possibly catch it. No, they didn't think I was weird. But none of them wanted me to touch them.

I finished Adam's glory socks which I will be trying to get Knitty to publish. Woohoo! This means that I CAN'T show a picture, even if I wanted to, since part of the publishing guidelines say that they can't have appeared before. If they don't get accepted (why the heck would that happen?), I will be posting the pattern on Ravelry.

I have been published 3 times already (3 articles in Polymer Cafe). The nervous thrill never gets old.

I finished my square of Mawata knitting that will be turned into a pillow. Knitting straight from the mawata produces a fabric so soft and so warm that it must be felt to be believed, so trying to explain it here would be as pointless as showing you a picture, so I don't feel like I have to do it now, either. Google it.

I finished my Storm Cloud Shawlette knit out of my glorious skein of Laughing Cloud (no, I didn't pick the names on purpose, but I thought it was an awesome match when I thought of it) hand dyed wool in the "Peacock" colorway. (Finished it yesterday.) It is so cool. I spent $20 on that one skein of yarn and I don't feel like it was a bad purchase. A lot of my yarn purchases are in the $20 per skein range now. If you get a knitted present from me, especially if it's hand wash, it's likely that on top of having countless hours of my life that I can never get back invested into something you won't fully appreciate, the base cost of the item was at least $20. Does that make it feel more like a "real" present now?

I'm touchy about the knitted presents. I love them and completely realize that I'm handing them off to be not-loved-as-much-as-they-would-be-if-I-kept-them-myself. Turns out I love people, though, and feel that demonstrating my love, even if it is unrecognized, is vastly important. I'll try to remember that my knitted presents are not actually possessing of any feelings that could be hurt by their rejection.

I don't think about the fact that I'm likely projecting my own feelings onto the "feelings" of the knitted objects. I'm all too satisfied with that--it means those feelings are projected, as in, not on me, so I like them that way.

I'm working in polymer clay again, but none of the stuff is finished, so I don't have pics yet. I'm making more shawl pins for TYF. I realized that I hadn't been working in it at all lately and I miss it, but it still hurts my hands.

I'm really sad that the clay work hurts my hands.

I think that's everything... big, pictureless blog entry... But I'm happy about all of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment