Monday, March 21, 2011

More Yarn Stuff

Here are a couple of pictures of the shawlette I finished on March 5th:



This is the Storm Cloud Shawlette, a free pattern on Ravelry. I worked it in a worsted yarn on 6.5mm (US size 10.5) needles instead of the recommended laceweight/US size 8 needles. It was a remarkably fast knit. The openwork is a result of a double garter stitch, which really spreads out nicely. Anyway, I loved it. I just worked until thought I would run out of yarn, and as a finish, I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, which is my bind off of choice for pretty much any shawl edge, hat bottom (I knit hats from the top down), or anything else I need to be really stretchy. It's wonderful!

Oh, and this was hand-dyed yarn... Colorway "peacock". I LOVE it.


Above is a skein of my handspun that I'm lovingly calling "Adam's Yak". LoL. It's a 60/20/20 merino wool/yak/silk blend. It's very soft and lovely, about 50 yards of a bulky weight. I'll go get new fiber soon and spin another skein so that I'll have enough to make him a hat.

And here is the finished single from 2 ounces of that lovely top I showed the other day. I gave the rest to Adam and he's spinning it now.


Navajo plied, this single turned into 200 yards of sock weight goodness. I'm in love. This one is called "my pet".


I've been experimenting a lot with my clay lately, too, and I'll post pics of that pretty soon. I'm making a bunch of buttons for my display at TYF. I'm having a lot of fun with different effects, such as molded faux bone buttons. Totally fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment